Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Candle For Kirsten


Kirsten has said that it would give her great comfort if her family and friends would light a candle for her. She is not doing well and my heart is heavy.

Kirsten was unable to attend the Callanish Creative Arts Retreat last week and she was so missed by all - but her pictures were there and her spirit floated all about us. She was so in my heart that I had to express it in words and so I dedicate this piece to my friend:

FRIDAY NIGHT THOUGHTS OF KIRSTEN - JANUARY 28.11

Tonight I write
For you
My friend
My sister friend
My forever friend
You have graced my life with your friendship
My home with your presence
My heart with your kindness
My eyes with your smile
And my soul with your words
You've taught me the art of letting words simply appear
without having to hunt then down
You introduced me to Prudence and let me know
just what kind of a friend she can be
Wiser in your years and gentler in your spirit
You've given me insight into how
the wrong words can be made right
All the while embodying wisdom, spirit and fun
I feel your presence deep in my heart & deep in my soul
For I have learned so much sitting with you these past years
And want to be just like you when I grow up
You've been enveloped in every part of my being these past few months
Now you know I'm not a praying kinda gal
But I wonder, does screaming at the universe to look after you
count in some way
And so tonight I hold you tightly
and want more of you
I won't say good-bye - ever
Not tonight - not ever

Due Tramonti (Two Seasons) by Ludovico Einaudi is a favored Callanish piece introduced to our community and so often played for us by Maryliz - it feels like the right piece to play.

1 comment: