Friday, May 14, 2010

The Power of Words

Over the past 3 years I have sat in many writing circles, committing my thoughts to paper, serious business this writing thing. Spoken words must be carefully chosen - what is said out loud may stay in the heart or mind of a person forever be it love, tenderness, anger, sarcasm, criticism - words can stick. Written words are different - you can cross them out, erase them, re-work them, you can write a journal, a memoir, a poem, some prose, the book of the century or simply preserve the thoughts in your mind. Callanish Writes IV is now published - an extraordinary collection of reflective words by remarkable people. Based on our desire the express ourselves on a deeper level and a willingness to explore our hearts. Thank you for sharing your words with me.

Still on the subject of powerful words consider these phrases that appeared in my latest CT scan report:

- ‘has decreased in size from 3.8 x 2.4 to 2.7 x 1.7’
- ‘these changes are stable’ – "stable" appears in many areas of this report!!
- ‘the remainder of the solid organs remain unremarkable’ (new favourite word!!)
- ‘the lung bases remain clear’

And my favourite phrase re the bones mets:

- imaging features are most suggestive of interval healing of bony metastases’

Healing?? Never thought I’d see that word in any of my medical reports!!

Needless to say I am doing the happy dance again!! Despite the fact that I haven't yet completed a full cycle of the chemo and have yet to get the side-effects manageable - it's working!! Impression: Positive interval treatment response. (from radiology report) Yahoooooo.... and way to go Mar!!

I'm off to Brew Creek tomorrow for a week-long retreat with Callanish - so ready for that! Life is good and I'm still on a high (unmedicated!) from my good news this week.

Stay well my friends - back on the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment