Saturday, September 11, 2010

She loved blue..

Christiane loved blue ... navy, sea-blue, turquoise, sapphire, teal and any other shade you can think of. She also loved green ....blue-green, jade, forest, sea-green, kelly and any other shade you can imagine. She loved scarves. She loved color as evidenced by her lovely cozy home. She loved Ellie. She loved hats. She loved her family and she loved her friends. She loved God. She loved to live. She was a great 'hugger'. Christiane - a soft-spoken, unpretentious woman with eyes that looked right to you and a smile worth a million dollars. Chris passed away on Wednesday morning at home enveloped by the love of her Ellie and her mom. I said my adieu to her on her 49th birthday celebration a couple of weeks ago, knowing that her time was very near. In our community we brace ourselves for these times, not knowing when and wishing never again. And my spirit snaps and the tears and anger come. Despite the heartache and sadness I could not be without my community, without the many hours of holding up, shoring up, comforting, laughing, eating, writing, meditating, appreciating what is and trying somehow to make sense of our worlds.. each so different but for the commonality that brought us together.



And so I have decided that in honor of Christiane I will take the brave leap and attend the Painting Workshop in Seattle Oct 8-10 and I will paint in blues and greens and yellows and oranges and every shade therein. For her .. and for me. I need some color in my world.. so thank you Chris for inspiring me one more time!

Rest easy Christiane

2 comments:

  1. Rest in peace, Christiane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful written tribute and gesture of love for Christiane (and you!) I weep for the beauty of both of you.

    Love and hugs,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete