Thursday, October 6, 2011

De-Pink

Oh there is a lot being said among my fellow bloggers about this whole 'Pink Thing'! The more I read the more I realize I'm not the only one with an attitude about the: A) Commercialization of Breast Cancer Awareness; B) The idea that someone out there thinks breast cancer is warm & fuzzy; C) The misconception that breast cancer is alway curable and D) That if you spend your time & energy putting on the right clothes and getting your makeup perfect and your hair or wig properly coif-ed you'll feel oh-so-much better about having cancer.

If you want to understand more about how why many of us BC/MCC folks bristle at the idea of being pink'd - here's a good place to start: http://cancerculturenow.blogspot.com/ . I've only just found this blog but Rachel certainly has the gift to get her point across - for me personally a great read and some other great blogs to connect to.

No comments:

Post a Comment