Sunday, December 11, 2011

And so this is Christmas...

Her wish was simple
Peace in every nation
Joy in every heart
and a Mitten on every hand


That's it folks. All I want. I have everything l need or want. I have a family who loves me & I love them. I have friends that I cherish and that cherish me. I have my communities who give me more than I could have ever imagined and with whom I hope I give back in kind. I have a roof over my home - my sanctuary, my comfort, my safe haven; I have food in my fridge made with love by my 'meals on wheels' friends; I have coats and mittens and hats and boots to keep me warm in the winter; I have money in the bank; I have my little Annie who sits with me, listens to me, loves me unconditionally - well.. as long as I feed her, brush her and pet her; I have books to read and music to soothe my soul.

And while I may not be a picture of health - I have enough health, strength and resolve to get past whatever lies ahead next year.

I have everything I want.

4 comments:

  1. Well said!! I am honored to call you a friend and I do cherish you and love you!

    Happy Holidays

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! You warmed my heart. Merry, merry Christmas Marlene. Wishing you a year of love, joy, peace and wellness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sue - and I am honored to include you in my list of cherished friends. Wishing you all good things this holiday season and for every new year to come.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Audrey - thank you for your warm wishes. I wish the exact same for you. Merry Christmas my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete