Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Little Catch-up

Just made the perfect latte ..mmmmm - love Sunday mornings. Not that I don't make latte's other days, they're just more delicious on a Sunday morning. And Ludovico Einaudi on my Ipod.. more delicious still.. I love Sundays! Listening to Eden Roc makes me think of Maryliz which makes me think of The Spacious Heart concert. What an evening. Made a date with my very dear friend Colleen to attend this concert at the Museum of Anthropology to listen to the world class delights of Maryliz, Lorna, Joan and Ariel - magical. With the ocean view backdrop, the loving friends, the inspiring invocation and the spoken words of Janie, Daphne & Kirsten I left with my heart full and another Callanish memory to treasure.

On the health front things are okay - not perfect but not bad. The fatigue is still a problem - one which I'm obviously going to have to accept, my hands seem to be getting the brunt of the burning from the chemo- fingertips swollen and getting number all the time and so red & tingly. I had an extra week off from the chemo again to recover a bit more but am now on another 2-week cycle. Tumour markers appear to be stabilizing - is that good or bad?? Little hurts and worries. Today my problem is swelling of the thumb pad and stiff thumbs - what's that about and where did it come from.. I'll see where it's at tomorrow. Back on antibiotics - this time with a sinus infection - I might as well stay on anti-b's for the rest of my life!! Was down with a cold for a week or so. Still doing the Pamidronate injections once a month. Last week I was in a room with a chatty guy who is such an over-achiever about his cancer - it was bizarre listening to him - but we all cope as best we can with this lousy disease.

What else?? Well my darling Danielle graduated with her Bachelor of Business Administration earlier this month. I am such a proud auntie - she has worked sooo hard the last 5-6 years working full-time and school part-time to accomplish this and now... on to her CMA. My sister and niece left for England yesterday and I so want to be with them but... Tracy said if I came they would just set me up in the shade of one of the beautiful parks for the day with a good book and they would come by and get me when they got home from their daily adventures... Perhaps I'll just step out onto my deck - it's way less expensive!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlene! So nice to "meet" you! I lived for many years in Vancouver - I miss it so much. Who needs England when we have such a beautiful country? I think you are right to stay and relax on your deck!
    I look forward to following your blog. Thank you so much for popping over to mine.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete