Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summertime & the livin' is easy

Yes summertime is here - officially and weatherly - at least I'm hoping it's a trend. I've been tending to my ever-so-awesome deck and it's all decked out now for the summer!! Thanks to my bro's and my pal Deb for all your help! The BBQ is clean and ready to go, plants are planted, roses have bloomed, I'm encouraging my tomato & cucumber plants to continue to blossom, I already have more parsley that I know what to do with along with rosemary, thyme, chives and basil. Now the only reason I have all of those is that I read somewhere they help keep bugs at bay and I'm not the gardener in the family - I leave that area of expertise to Irene & Rick!! I'm really more about ambience....



Peaceful mornings with my coffee and the birds chirping away, afternoons on the couch or the chaise with a good book or just napping under the umbrella, evenings sipping something lovely with a warm breeze brushing by and the smell of dinner on the BBQ - how's that for for a visual!! Why would I want to go away on a summer vacation - this travelling is much more to my taste... Warm sweet tomatoes, melt in your mouth watermelon, iced tea, beer, wine, G&T's, hamburgers, chicken, grilled veggies ... I could go on and on but you get the drift I'm sure..

Now... I think I'll go get into that book I'm reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment