Thursday, October 21, 2010

Early Morning Ramblings...

4:30 AM - my eyes slammed open and I knew... just knew this was going to be a long day! Explain to me how I can sleep till 11am one day and 4:30am the next - whatever happened to to a good solid 8 hours? Too much thinking time getting up this early. So how about a blog post? Of course now most of those thoughts have dissolved or become murky in my mind but these are the leftovers.....

Random Thoughts:
  1. Re-evaluate the way I post - I don't write for days or weeks or sometimes even longer and then a long rambling post - I'm going to attempt more regular shorter postings - maybe even lighten up - no promises tho..
  2. What about my 'Bucket List"? What do I want to do before I die - not that I'm dying anytime soon I'm happy to say. But.... you gotta watch out for the bus!
  3. My failing memory - is it chemo or is it age or is it laziness? My brain just feels broken these days - i need some mental stimulation.
  4. Annie really needs to get her winter hair-cut. So do I.
  5. Do I want to travel? Or do I just think I should? What's wong with staying in my comfort zone? Just cuz my friends & family are going to warm, sunny, exciting places...
  6. Should I trade in my Honda for an Altima?
  7. How much brown sugar can you put on your oatmeal before it becomes unhealthy??

My medical update is pretty much status-quo. Now on my 13th round of chemo and while the it appears it's keeping the cancer at bay, the biggest concern now is my deteriorating kidney function. Seems a tumour is blocking my right kidney and something needs to be done. I'll have to have a stent inserted, probably in the next few months, to save the kidney but for now we're just going month-by-month. Not a temporary situation - I'll have to have the stent changed every 8-10 weeks forever so stalling until just before I get into any serious trouble seems to be the way to go on that one! Aaaaaaraghhhh!

Missed the last two Callanish Writes classes because of a cold/bronchitis for the last 10 days. Excited for our next writing circle. Sending loving positive thoughts to my darling sister-friend Kirsten (and CW facilitator) who is having a pretty rough go of it lately - I' hoping we both make the Nov 2nd session.

I'm off to do my important job today - a manicure/pedicure - wishing you all a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Marlene, it is so good to read another post from you. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. Now I know :)

    Your list made me smile - it looks very similar to the ones I have made over the past two years!

    Sending good thoughts and prayers your way re: the stent.

    Now...off you go to your VERY important job!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of traveling, but my bf loves it, so I go along just because I love him. Hahaha.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene - thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I think brown sugar is always healthy so chuck it on.

    And if you find yourself having trouble coming uo with a blog post have a look at http://threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com/. If I am stuck for a post I find this an easy way to put something short but thought provoking up.

    ReplyDelete