Friday, October 29, 2010

Decadence

It's pretty decadent to have someone clean your house while you sit at your computer and read blogs doncha think?? Especially when you're single, your cat isn't that messy and you're in relatively good health!! There's about to be an upheaval tho - I'll have to move to the living room soon so she can clean my office.... oh Jen how I adore you!

I'm throwing all my everything behind my beautiful friend Kirsten who is having a very very hard time of it lately... she is struggling to get some serious issues under control. And to my fabulous friend Jeanne who has embarked on another ride with chemo - Jeanne - this blue is for you!

There's such a feeling of helplessness when I see these two magnificent people going thru the all the shit that is cancer when they have both already endured more than they should have to. Or anybody should have to. It's that simple. Figure this - you're sick, you've got cancer - and the answer to that is.... let's make you sicker - sicker than you already are - with the goal to make you well again. Please somebody somewhere someday soon - discover an easier way for those in treatment to reach that goal...

It's a musical kinda weekend for me. Tonight - well I'm just beside myself! Tonight I will spend a couple of hours in the company of my not-so-secret inamorata - Kris Kristofferson - he's probably the only one who doesn't know! Sexy, talented, handsome, crazy, funny and a poet for all seasons - I was smitten by that man many years ago. Yup - I could just sit and look at and listen to him all day long but I'll settle for a front(ish) row center seat and gaze longingly up at him with the ridiculous notion that he'll notice me and ask me back-stage to chat!! A girl can dream. And then tomorrow 'Grease' the musical at the QE Theatre. How much fun - I've seen the movie several times but never live so really looking forward to it.

I'm finally feeling better after a two-week bout of bronchitis along with a very bad cold which not only knocked me off my feet but put me in emergency for a day. Breathing was quite a problem as was trying to talk and laughing was definitely out of the question. Didn't experience the great outdoors for almost two weeks other than my oncology appt and missed out on what I know would have been a fabulous evening with my friends Merv & Anne from Kelowna. Feeling crappy from the bronchitis overroad feeling crappy from the chemo - hurray for Prednisone! I'm a few days into my two weeks off from chemo and hope to have my strength back before the next round.

Stay well my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment