Friday, December 31, 2010

For the love of Jeanne..

My wonderful, spirited, funny and determined friend Jeanne left our world in the midst of peacefulness and contentment on December 19th. An amazing girl by all descriptions - I learned so very much from Jeanne over the too few years I knew her. She had an incredibly open heart, wouldn't judge an ant, huge compassion for herself and others, loved the great outdoors and everything in it and from what I understand played a mean game of euchre! And funny... we shared the same unbalanced sense of humour!! So many laughs and quite a few routines Jeanne & I... and of course Jeanne in her own right. And let's not forget how she loved to dance.. and dance.. and dance.

Jeanne and I sat in many Callanish circles together - on two retreats, three Callanish Writes series and many meditation days. The depth of her writing contradicted what passion could be held in such a little body - each word carefully chosen as the truth of her spirit. Jeanne's passing leaves a hole in my heart at the same time as I appreciate how much I received from her. I am a better person for knowing Jeanne - she was truly a "Phenomenal Woman"...



Rest easy Jeanne...

1 comment:

  1. Rest in Peace, Phenomenal Woman! You clearly touched the heart and soul of all who met you - well done!

    ReplyDelete