Friday, April 1, 2011

Things 'n Stuff

Okay so I got tired of being laughed at every time I took my circa 2001 cell phone out so I stepped over the edge and got a SmartPhone. Today already I'm stressed at trying to figure this thing out although I have to say I looks pretty chichi when I whip it out of my purse!! Today's mission is, at the very least, to figure out how to answer it should anyone happen to call me.

Speaking of food - my freezer is full! Eating well is not one of my specialties. But thanks to my buddy Deb who loves to be in the kitchen, she offered to spend her Sunday afternoon in my kitchen cooking up some delights to freeze and thus, should eating occur to me I wouldn't have to think about what to eat - I can now simply open my freezer and decided WHAT to eat!! Stuffed potatoes, chicken dishes, meatballs, mac 'n cheese.... mmmmmm good - you are the best friend my friend!

And speaking of being on the brink of health I feel better this last couple of days than I have in a long while. Wednesday was my marathon day at the clinic - tests, appts and treatments. After lamenting over every pain and itch and every other minor and major discomfort of this last 4-5 weeks, my Dr. concluded that I should have a treatment of hydration along with my Pamidronate. And holy feel-better immediately! Even when I was 'in the chair' I could feel the burning in my hands/feet subside and now they no longer feel like they're going to explode. Even my energy level seems to have improved. Between that and taking a few extra days off before my next round of chemo - 17th round - we're hoping that my side-effects settle down. Here's hoping.

Sending a huge bouquet of loving thoughts and endless hope to my friend Susan - she has just had her first TheraSphere treatment and considering the harshness of this type of therapy seems to be coping well. Susan is so very positive and upbeat and brave and doesn't really have time for this cancer nonsense - her outlook and attitude so inspires me.

Stay well my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment