Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's ugly out there

And I don't mean just the weather... although it's realllly getting on my nerves. I have this great big beautiful deck just crying out to be set up and used but the only thing cryin' is the sky.

Chaos reigns in my house again as my new floors are being laid. This is just as bad as doing the last reno - I've got toilets in bath tubs, vanities, dishwashers & stoves in the dining room and an inch of dust from all the cutting everywhere. I've seen more men in my house this last week than I have in the last decade! Hopefully by Friday it'll all be put back together. What a disaster a bit of water can make - everybody make a 'note to self' - check water tank on a regular basis!


An unbelievable loss in my Mets Group community - 9 days after returning home from retreat my friend Cheryle passed away. Our community is well aware that things can change quickly but this has taken my breathe away. Cheryle is an art teacher and took us thru an art exercise that is now more precious than ever. She was so happy and had so much fun on retreat getting to know everyone since she hadn't been coming very long. We, and I include Cheryle here, had no idea things were so precarious. Another lesson is living in the moment.


I've been debating on how much to share about my follow-up appointment and have decided to let the truth prevail. Had a long talk with my new best friend - Chris (the urologist) about this 'n that 'n things 'n stuff. The outcome of it all is that on Friday AM I went back into VGH to have a nephrostomy tube inserted to drain my kidney. Talk about a woman with baggage now!! The hope is that they will be able to do some diagnostic testing on the specimen's that can give some indication of whether or not there is cancer in the ureter. We also discussed the option of taking the right kidney out - which in my mind is not that big a deal (since I'm not having it done right now!) - I have a perfectly good left kidney after all and amazingly you can live with 1/2 kidney - who knew?? Chris said that if I were a perfectly healthy woman that's what he would recommend however, apparently I'm not! So one foot in front of the other. Bone scan this week and next oncology appointment June 1st - I think that will be a significant appt and hoping Irene will be with me.


As always trying to stay in the present. We are looking at this procedure as a temporary measure right now but I can already tell you it's not my favorite thing.


Can't help myself - really want to sign off 'Love - Bag Lady' today!


Stay well my friends.


Rest easy Cheryle

No comments:

Post a Comment