Friday, May 6, 2011

Getting to know you....

My last couple of weeks were spent putting the final details together for and heading off on another retreat - this time with my 'other' community - the Metastatic Women's Support Group from BCCA. What a time we had! Oh my my - the universe was looking out for us - perfect weather for 3 days in the midst of all the cold, cloudy and rainy days. In my mind the retreat should be call the Women, Wisdom & Wine retreat!! We laughed, we wrote, we 'art-ed', we shared, we laughed, we danced, we meditated, we walked, we ate, and we ate and we ate, and we had the odd glass of wine. Oh yes and we shopped like crazy women on the 40-minute ride to Langdale - who knew the ferry would have such great stuff!! I will one day head back to the Rockwater Secret Cover Resort - it is everything their website say it is - http://rockwatersecretcoveresort.com/ - stayed in a tent suite one night - totally decadent! Service fabulous, right on the ocean, surrounded by Arbutus trees, highly recommended by me! This is the 3rd retreat over 4 years with the Mets Group and an invaluable way to get to know each other in a way that doesn't involve cancer - which is pretty much all we have time to talk about when we meet for 1 1/2 hours twice a month so thank you my friends for inviting me into your lives and sharing your stories and laughter - I love you all!
One of my thank-you gifts from the participants - do they know me well??



Rest easy Candy.
Rest easy Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment