Friday, May 6, 2011

Since the retreat...

Enough of the fun - back to reality! Panic phone calls on my cell from VGH - get in here - get pre-admission done for Wednesday day surgery! Tuesday - 7:30 AM - I'm there. And what a way to start - the gal at the desk flattered the heck out of me over my tasteful little outfit - which I consider just getting dressed in black & white cuz it always works and is really easy @ 6AM! Then the first nurse AGAIN! So I'm good with all those compliments cuz I know I won't be looking that good when I get there Wednesday and really not good when I leave!!

Now down to business - answering the same questions - over and over and over again. I get it, really I do, but jeeze louise.. that info is most definitely in my file already.. and I do know what the surgery is for. A triple-decker by the urologist - let's find out about that blockage. Time of surgery Wednesday - 3:30 PM!! Happy to talk to the anesthesiologist - they won't give the drug that made my heart stop in my last surgery - good to hear! Still a little nervous tho - but I'll get over that when I wake up.

Fast forward to Wednesday - Big Bro picks me up and away we go - more hurry up and wait. Change into my next outfit of the day - blue is so not my color and I prefer pants over dresses but what can you do.. Still not too nervous. Dr. Sam drops by - he's helping Dr. N - who drops by with a backpack on - a backpack!! Puh-leeze, I only elevated you to adult status last week - lose the backpack, get a trendy briefcase. Maybe I'll buy him one if this goes well. So I won't bore you with the details cuz I can't remember but the outcome is this - 2 out of 3 procedures went well however the main reason for this whole thing is to find out what the blockage is and do a biopsy. Well... he couldn't get the scope into the ureter cuz it's so narrow now and thus we're sorta back where we started - other than he thinks there's very little functioning of the right kidney. Which I find odd. Follow-up appointment next week to seek what the next step is. And I will not worry because I can't do anything about it. And he's not getting a new briefcase just yet.

My heart is aching for my friend Susan and her husband Dallas - Susan is really struggling thru the effects of her 2nd TheraSphere treatment - such a brutal treatment - it just has to work. You may not know my friend but if you can include her in your thoughts and healing prayers I know she'll receive them - thank you.


And thank you Big Bro for keeping me sane & safe yesterday.

Stay well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment