Saturday, April 3, 2010

Round 3 Complete..

Well another round completed and I'm in pretty good shape. Another day or two would clearly have brought on the blistering again based on how my hands and feet are feeling and I'm definitly feeling the fatigue now - or is it just laziness?? - hard to tell!! Oncology appt next Wed and am waiting with bated breath for good news - that's 3 rounds now and am feeling optimistic. 'They' say its a week off but actually its a week of anxiety - now that I've writen that it seems like a silly statement - every week living with cancer is a week of anxiety.

I want to send a great big virtual hug and congratulations to my pal Colleen - she has just had her 150th treatment - yes 150 treatments over 10 years and remains clear and healthy! The grind of doing treatment like this for 10 years is heroic in my opinion. And people forget, assume you are well but imagine how much emotional energy is required to drive to the clinic every 3 weeks for 10 years, how much energy it takes to stay positive and how taxing it is on one's body to absorb so many chemicals. It wears you down - physically and emotionally. And in the meantime life happens - so Colleen you are my hero and I love you to bits and I'm with you every step of the way.

I missed a lot of Callanish events over the last couple of months but was finally able to get back to the writing workshop this last couple of weeks. We are an amazing group of people and Kirsten and Janie are such inspiring facilitators. I love the notion of writing into a prompt with a view to exploring the inner landscape of your life - it's amazing what comes out - or not!! But writing is good for the soul - as is any creative exercise I've discovered over the past few years. I'm currently waffling over whether or not to attend "The Painting Experience" workshop being held on Whidbey Island April 22-25. 3 1/2 days. "The goal is free expression, where the journey itself is the goal, not the technique." Which is a good thing because I have no technique!! I was hoping to attend with a friend but doesn't sound like that is going to work out so am contemplating going on my own. Pretty scary. But as I often ask myself what is the worst that can happen?? I could really really enjoy it OR it could be very uncomfortable and intense and so I can leave. But 3 1/2 days away from my sanctuary without my own pillow...... that's a stretch for me!

My heart is breaking for a family friend - Jason - who has recently been diagnosed and had a huge surgery last week. Another individual who is way too young to be in this club you don't want to join. I've had some updates tho and appears he is rallying back from his surgery really well - in fact as his wife says ' remove a couple of tubes and he thinks he's an athlete'. Well you gotta have attitude to battle with cancer so here's to you Jason - fight the good fight!!

Lots of little things going on in my life. Family, friends, renovations!! I will be so glad when this strata reno is done - people are unbelievable - now we have someone in the building vandalizing some of the work that's been done - what a coward - if you have something to say say it and don't hide. All things considered, the contractors are doing a terrific job and the common areas are starting to look fabulous - so people - a little vision and a little patience please!

Off to the couch for a nap - Happy Easter to all.

Rest easy Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment