Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dear Friends

Today I learned of another friend's passing over this last weekend. How this type of news wears on me is beyond description but let me try. The sadness sits with me still and yet again for all the friends I have lost the past few years, and there has been far too many. But coupled with the sadness of losing those precious friends is the certainty that the time we spent together enriched both/all of our lives and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Balancing the dark and the light of life is sometimes more of a challenge than others.


This past weekend I had the privilege of sitting in a circle with a number of other writers from our Callanish Writes workshop in an extraordinary experience. We are such a brave group of people - you know who you are!! We came together for an afternoon with family and friends to read our poetry 'in public' for the first time. A very tender and amazing experience. I'm thinkin' we should take it on the road!! Maybe call it the 'Callanish Monologues' - it perhaps wouldn't be as funny as that 'other' monologue play from awhile back. Hmmmmmm....wonder what kind of crowd we'd attract??

I've treated myself very well the last week - a day retreat, a sleep-in pj day, Voices of Callanish, relaxation and meditation. Oh yes it's all about me! And I plan to keep it up.

I'm in hold mode right now waiting on tests results which I'll get next Wednesday. My feeling is that things are a little precarious right now what with the progression diagnosis, the changes in meds which of course seems to come complete with new side-effects - some of which I'm not sure are related to the meds at this point -and the question of whether or not the Tamoxifen is having any effect. I'll see my GP tomorrow and try to get to the bottom of a few things.

Rest easy Karen.

1 comment:

  1. Marlene, I think your blogging is so great, so readable, I love it and I love you! Keep up the hard work. Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete