Thursday, January 14, 2010

Various Veins

Yesterday I left Casa del Cancer giggling and chuckling over the antics of the day - not what normally happens on test day. You see I have no veins. Well of course I really do, they're just so deep and uncooperative that I'm sure the techs toss a coin to see who gets to poke me first. I'm ecstatic to report that yesterday was a one-poke day in both departments! Labwork first - no chairs available so I laid on a cot - maybe that helped, who knows - but one poke and it was done!! After gushing my gratitude to the tech she offered to be my own personal bleeder - complete with leeches if I so desired!! I did pass on that but we had quite the cartoon going on. Then off to my scan and - one poke and it was done. While they were setting up, being my helpful self, I started to raise my arms when the tech threatened me!! Oh yes she did - she told me that if that damn needle came out I could re-insert it myself!! Well as you can imagine that turned into a comedy routine as well. Yup - they know me in that department.

On another vein, I had the most lovely weekend in Victoria with my sister - such a treat for us to get some 1-on-1 time. Not that it was all 1-on-1 but what we had was great. It my niece's birthday so we shopped and ate and shopped and ate and slept and laughed. I love Victoria and all it's trees and buildings - even in the rain.

And on another vein, I bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and am wondering if I'll ever get this sorted out. I'm so not technical and my frustration level has been rapidly rising. Still have to get my old laptop 'de-virused' before I can access some documents but I just want to play with my new toy.

Tomorrow is my treat day - a day retreat at Callanish. I am so very ready for that -the last couple of months have been difficult and sad for so very many reasons and to sit with the Callanish community is the best medication I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment