Saturday, January 30, 2010

What the !&^*

Let me start by saying it hasn't been my best week. Busy but not the best. Wednesday's appointment turned out to be a very big disappointment. And so a new plan is now in place. Seems my tumour markers are up again and tamoxifen didn't seem to be doing the job so my oncologist has recommended a course of chemotherapy. Oral chemo yes but still chemo - chemo's chemo right? Shit. I like his attitude tho - let's get a handle on this now - I know I'm in good hands. The plan is to do this for 4-6 months and then hopefully go back on a hormone treatment. Time will tell. I've spent the last few days thinking "How did these changes happen so quickly - wasn't I paying attention?" but in fact it hasn't been that fast and I've always known that 'things' would change one day and now one day is here. So one step in front of the other ....

I've been told that I always have to have a project on the go and it's true!! This last year my project has been the with renovation committee of the strata. It's been a lot of work along with some frustration at trying to please 68 owners but I'm happy to say that the agreement with the contractor is signed and reno's will start March 1st. Personally I don't think a face-lift every 18 years is unwarranted - although not everyone agrees!! Out with the pink and green - in with a fresh and bright and crisp and unworn contemporary look!!

My friend Shirl arrived last night Palm Desert for a week and I am so very happy to see her - she couldn't have picked a better week to come home (she's a snowbird!). I have to admit I'm not the reason but I take what I can get. Her daughter will give birth on Monday to a new addition - and what's very exciting is that we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet - how often does that happen anymore. So I'll share her this week with her family and get to hold a new little baby as a bonus.

So looking forward to next week's 1/2 day writing retreat at Callanish surrounded by a community of amazing people including my sweet sister-friend Kirsten who initiated this series 2-years and 3-volumes ago. March will be the start of Callanish Writes IV series - another 8-week workshop for the brave! Writing is so good for what ails you...

1 comment:

  1. Marlene, I must say I like the song...it is so how I feel sometimes! You are so on my mind! Don't forget to put me in your bag on Tuesday!!

    Love you,
    Colleen.

    ReplyDelete