Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Midnite Cancer Part II

Well obviously I have a lot to learn here - like how to open the edit window. But all in good time.

I've been in this 'Midnight Cancer' (thank you Mary Bradish O'Connor) phase now for a couple of weeks. Since my last oncology appt matter of fact. Which I went to alone. Like a silly person. I knew something was up at my October appointment and in retrospect should have asked Irene to come with me. She is the other part of my brain - my sister, my best friend, my confidant, my rock and certainly would have had better retention that I did. But I asked the hard questions last week and now have a better grip on my new reality. Progression. Please say it isn't so. There's still different drugs to try but the term chemotherapy did come up. I did that back in 1992 thank you very much - I'll pass on that as long as I can. Trying to stay connected to now and not imagining my future is hard right now - but I'll get back on track. That's how I am and what I do - I'm just no good in the unknown - I'm more of a black and white girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment